Eastchester Music Boosters (EMB) is an all-volunteer group comprised of Eastchester School District parents and community members. The purpose of the EMB is to serve the needs of our student musicians and music faculty and to support and promote music education excellence throughout the Eastchester School District, grades K-12.
Eastchester Music Boosters believe that learning the language of music stimulates intellectual ability and is necessary for a well-rounded education.
Eastchester Music Boosters will work in conjunction with the music faculty of the Eastchester School District to help support and enhance the district’s music program.
- Membership is open to Eastchester School District parents/guardians and community members interested in supporting music education in our schools.
- General Meetings will take place every other month (September – May).
- Board meetings will be called as needed.
Board of Directors
- Board members will be announced at the June meeting for the following school year. Notification of open board positions will be sent to our membership as they arise and all are welcome to apply. The board is comprised of the following positions:
- President – Presides over all meetings and appoints all committees.
- Vice-President – Assumes all duties of President in his or her absence, acts as point person for the Student Representatives.
- Secretary – Keeps records and minutes of all meetings.
- Treasurer – Keeps records of all EMB funds and expenses.
- Membership Chair – Welcomes all new members and maintains membership list in Google Drive and Gmail mailing list.
- Communications Chair – Distributes EMB news through all email blast outlets, helps maintain EMB website, develops social media presence.
- Hospitality Chair – Organizes refreshments for all general meetings and events, as needed.
- PTA Council Representative – Attends PTA Council meeting as the Music Boosters Representative